Last Updated: 02/08/2023
HCN Bank Mobile Banking (the “App”)—powered by Fiserv—helps you manage your money, view your transactions and accounts, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
This Privacy Notice, in combination with other relevant privacy notices (e.g., pursuant to financial privacy laws), informs you of the policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information that the App collects from or about users in connection with our mobile application. You can find more information about our privacy policies on our website or by contacting us.
The App allows you to:
- Get real-time balances for your accounts.
- Manage your money.
- View your transactions and statements.
- Make transfers.
- Pay your bills and manage billers.
- Deposit a check.
- Receive alerts.
- Manage cards.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The App may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, email, User IDs, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account and use the App. This information could include your address or contacts where you choose to make them available (e.g., to make P2P (peer to peer) payments using Zelle or other payments functionality).
- We may collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the App, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information if you contact us via email regarding support for the App.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties—We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology—We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the App, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer's or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s browser to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that an email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the App, we will collect your location information when you use the App; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use—In general, we use your personal information to respond to your requests as submitted through the App, to provide you the services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
- Identify you as a legitimate user in our system;
- Provide improved administration of the App;
- Provide the services you request;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with the App;
- Send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- Send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the App.
(b) Compliance and protection—We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the App; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data— We may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information as described below.
(c) Corporate Restructuring - We may share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If our business or assets are acquired by another company, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and the company will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
(d) Authorities and Others—Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the App.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals—Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information—You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications—If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the App, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the App.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking—If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the App, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
This Privacy Notice is subject to occasional revision. We will notify you of any material changes in its collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by posting a notice on the App. Any material changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective thirty (30) calendar days following notice of the changes on the Services or immediately where no notice is given. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of the App. If you object to any such changes, you must notify us prior to the effective date of such changes that you wish to deactivate your account. Continued use of the App following notice of any such changes (or use of the App after such changes) shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Notice or our data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations to us, please contact us by email at: email@example.com; or by mail at:
PO Box 12002
Hemet, CA 92546-8002