California Consumer Privacy Act
CCPA Notice at Collection
Internet Privacy Statement
WHAT DOES HCN BANK DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Account balances and account transactions
- Transaction history and payment history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons HCN Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does HCN Bank share?
Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes -
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes -
to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
We don't share
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes -
information about your transactions and experiences
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes -
information about your creditworthiness
We don't share
For our affiliates to market to you
We don't share
For non-affiliates to market to you
We don't share
What We Do
How does HCN Bank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does HCN Bank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or use your credit card or debit card
- pay your bills or apply for a loan
- make deposits or withdrawals from your account
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- HCN Bank does not share with our affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- HCN Bank does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- HCN Bank does not jointly market.
California Consumer Privacy Act Policy
Last Updated January 1, 2023
Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and is applicable to individuals that are California residents (as defined in
residents and explains certain rights that California residents have under the CCPA.
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly
with a California resident. The specific personal information that we collect, use, and disclose will vary based on your
relationship or interactions with us. For example, we collect personal information to provide consumer and business
financial products and services, for our general business purposes, and for our employment and human resource
purposes. The CCPA, however, does not apply to certain information, such as information that we collect about
consumers who apply for or obtain our financial products and services for personal, family, or household purposes
which are subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”). For information about how we collect, disclose, and
secure information relating to these customers, please refer to our GLBA Privacy Notice.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we may have collected and disclosed to third parties, for our business purposes, the following categories of personal information.
- Identifiers, Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online
identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name. This category includes the
collection of sensitive personal information including social security number, driver’s license, state
identification card, or passport number.
- Additional Data Subject to California Civil Code Section 1798.80 such as your telephone number,
signature, and physical description.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as citizenship, age, sex,
and marital status. This category includes the collection of sensitive personal information including racial
or ethnic origin.
- Commercial Information such as products or services obtained or considered, bank information,
transaction histories, and account and card numbers.
- Biometric Information such as fingerprints and voiceprints. This category includes the collection of
sensitive personal information such as hand/palm scan, fingerprints, and facial recognition.
- Internet or Network Activity such as interactions with our website, mobile applications, IP address and
- Geolocation Data such as device location and IP address location.
- Sensory Information, audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as call and video recordings.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information such occupation and employer, income, employment
history and prior employer contact information.
- Education Information such as school related information
- Inferences based on information about an individual to create a summary about, such as an individual’s
preferences and characteristics, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We collect the personal information referenced above from the following sources
- Directly from you or an individual acting on your behalf.
- Service providers in connection with banking products and services.
- Service providers or other third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as credit agencies.
- Service providers in connection with human resource activities and workforce management.
- Government entities and other publicly available sources.
- Website/mobile app activity/social media.
- Information from client directed third parties or institutions representing a client/prospect.
- Information from business clients about individuals associated with the business (e.g., a guarantor for a
business loan, authorized signer for a business account, an employee or board member).
We have disclosed each of the above-listed categories of personal information concerning California residents for
our business purposes to one or more of the following categories of third parties.
- Our affiliate that may use the personal information consistent with this policy.
- Service providers to conduct day-to-day business, including to maintain or service accounts, provide
customer service, process transactions and payments, verify customer information, provide online and
mobile services, fraud and security monitoring and protection services, maintain websites and technology
- Service providers and professional services organizations who provide services on our behalf, such as
auditors, accountants, and law firms.
- Service providers that provide human resource and employment related services.
- Government entities and related third parties as required to comply with laws and regulations.
- Data analytics providers.
- Operating systems and platforms.
In the past 12 months, we have used personal information concerning California residents to operate, manage, and
maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and
objectives, including the following.
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing
transactions and payments, verifying customer information, providing financing, engaging in advertising
or marketing, performing analytics or similar services.
- Performing business operations including vendor contract negotiations and payments.
- Auditing compliance with our policies, procedures, applicable legal and regulatory laws and regulations.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and
prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product or service controlled by us,
and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing or intended functionality.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Employment related services, including evaluating job applicants, administering and servicing
employment records and benefits, processing payroll, tracking time and attendance, obtaining and
verifying background checks.
- Complying with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal processes and law enforcement
Personal Information Sold or Shared
In the past 12 months, we have not sold or shared, as defined in the CCPA, personal information or sensitive
information, including personal or sensitive information of minors under the age of 16.
Sensitive Personal Information
We only use or disclose sensitive personal information for the following purposes consistent with the CCPA
- To provide requested products or services.
- To detect and investigate security incidents.
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions and to prosecute those responsible.
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons.
- To perform services including maintaining and servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing
transactions and payments, verifying a California resident’s information, providing financing, or providing
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product or service and to improve or enhance the product
- For short-term transient use.
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident you have the right to request that we:
1. Disclose to you the following information covering the 12-month period prior to your request:
- The categories of personal information collected and the categories of sources from which we collected
the personal information,
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information,
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information, and the categories of
personal information shared,
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
2. Delete personal information we collected from you; and
3. Correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
Please be aware that there are circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under the CCPA, Including an employee’s,
applicant’s, or independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
To Make a Request
You may make a request by:
- Calling our toll-free number at 800-652-2871, option #7;
- Inquiring at a branch office, or
- Completing an online Personal Information Request.
When you make a request, we will verify your identity using standard verification methods, utilizing information that
we already have about you. We will ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, postal
address, and phone number. We may also ask you to certify under penalty of perjury that you are a California
resident. We will review the information provided and may request additional information to ensure we are
interacting with the correct individual.
Your authorized agent may also make a request on your behalf. When submitting a request on behalf of another
person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you
are submitting a request
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Policy to our website.
Contact for More Information
766-4100 or write us at HCN Bank, Client Services, P.O. Box 12002, Hemet, CA 92546-8002.
Print of Save PDF (opens in a new window)
Internet Privacy Statement
Visitors to Our Website
You may refuse to accept these cookies through the privacy settings on your internet devices and browsers. However, if you do not accept these cookies; you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our website and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device for online banking and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on.
California Do Not Track Disclosure - There are no current standards for "Do Not Track" consumer browser settings on commercial websites; therefore, we do not respond or take action with respect to the "Do Not Track" configuration set on your browser.
An Internet Protocol ("IP) address is a unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by it IP address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address also may be used to gather broad demographic information.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain hyperlinks and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. These links are provided for your reference only. We do not control or operate such third-party sites. Many third-party sites have their own privacy policies that differ from ours. This privacy notice only covers our website and does not cover any other site. While we make every effort to keep our information secure, we do not control the policies of other sites.
We do not knowingly solicit data from persons under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly market to persons under the age of 13. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents.
If you a have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by calling (951) 766-4100.
The accuracy of the information HCN Bank maintains is very important. If you believe we have information about you that is incorrect, outdated or incomplete, or if the information you think is wrong appears on a statement or notice from us, you should call us at (951) 766-4100 or the telephone number shown on the statement or notice. We will look into this matter and correct our records as appropriate.
Last Updated: 02/08/2023
HCN Bank Mobile Banking (the “App”)—powered by Fiserv—helps you manage your money, view your transactions and accounts, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
This Privacy Notice, in combination with other relevant privacy notices (e.g., pursuant to financial privacy laws), informs you of the policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information that the App collects from or about users in connection with our mobile application. You can find more information about our privacy policies on our website or by contacting us.
The App allows you to:
- Get real-time balances for your accounts.
- Manage your money.
- View your transactions and statements.
- Make transfers.
- Pay your bills and manage billers.
- Deposit a check.
- Receive alerts.
- Manage cards.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The App may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, email, User IDs, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account and use the App. This information could include your address or contacts where you choose to make them available (e.g., to make P2P (peer to peer) payments using Zelle or other payments functionality).
- We may collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the App, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information if you contact us via email regarding support for the App.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties—We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology—We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the App, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer's or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s browser to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that an email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the App, we will collect your location information when you use the App; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use—In general, we use your personal information to respond to your requests as submitted through the App, to provide you the services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
- Identify you as a legitimate user in our system;
- Provide improved administration of the App;
- Provide the services you request;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with the App;
- Send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- Send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the App.
(b) Compliance and protection—We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the App; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data— We may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information as described below.
(c) Corporate Restructuring - We may share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If our business or assets are acquired by another company, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and the company will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
(d) Authorities and Others—Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the App.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals—Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information—You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications—If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the App, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the App.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking—If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the App, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
This Privacy Notice is subject to occasional revision. We will notify you of any material changes in its collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by posting a notice on the App. Any material changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective thirty (30) calendar days following notice of the changes on the Services or immediately where no notice is given. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of the App. If you object to any such changes, you must notify us prior to the effective date of such changes that you wish to deactivate your account. Continued use of the App following notice of any such changes (or use of the App after such changes) shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Notice or our data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations to us, please contact us by email at: email@example.com; or by mail at:
PO Box 12002
Hemet, CA 92546-8002